Halfway through our first year as parents, and we didn’t catch any breaks this month! It’s crazy how much change happens around six months. Between that and all the illness ravaging our house, we’re just trying to keep up at this point!
Violet is 50th percentile in height and weight, 75th percentile in head circumference. Something about her being perfectly “average” in size is comforting!
We started incorporated food into Violet’s diet. She is not a fan of cereal so far though, and when we’ve put little bits of what we’re eating in front of her she doesn’t seem to know what to do with it.
Violet has been sick, which equals no sleep for mommy and daddy. All the congestion makes it uncomfortable for her to sleep completely horizontally, and when she is asleep she coughs herself awake. And when I know she’s congested I am way more paranoid about her breathing and can hardly sleep, even when she is!
Milestones and Development
- Working on “tripod” sitting
- Starting to mimic us with sounds and motion (like the “So Big” game)
- Toys that hang over her head
- Our dog, Rico
- Being sick! She hates us spraying her nose with saline, sucking out her snot, taking medicine.
Products we loved this month
- Little Remedies Saline Spray – Basically a constant at this point; we use it before we use the nasal aspirator.
- HydraSense Nasal Aspirator – I definitely resisted this purchase, but at a certain point you will do anything to get the snot out of your kid’s head, and this has worked great, plus it’s easy to clean.
- Humidifiers – We have this one in Violet’s room and this one in our master, which is a huge room (where she sleeps overnight).
What I wish I knew before this month…
Seeing your baby sick is SO hard. Violet has had one thing after another, and it makes it so hard to balance the rest of your life. I basically completely stopped blogging and got behind at work and school because taking care of her has needed 90% of my attention. She’s been unable to go to daycare a lot and just generally wants her mom more.
What’s happening with mom…
I love being Violet’s favorite person and main source of comfort, but it’s hard when she’s sick and wants me constantly. The last couple weeks have been so draining… and on top of that, I have the virus that was making Violet so sick. Parenting through illness is no joke!